Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4, 2010, Homily, May 8, 2010.

John 15:18-21

Jesus said to His Disciples: "If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you. Remember the word I spoke to you, 'No slave is grater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. And they will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know the one who sent me."
The Gospel of the Lord.

There’s nothing in this world so sweet as love,
And next to love the sweetest thing is hate. (Longfellow)

As my colleague Andrew McCarthy wrote, “Civilization is not an evolution of mankind but the imposition of human good on human evil. It is not a historical inevitability. It is a battle that has to be fought every day, because evil doesn’t recede willingly before the wheels of progress.” -- "Our Reprimitivized Future"

Tuesday's Gospel:
Jesus said to His disciples: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid. You heard me tell you, 'I am going away and I will come back to you.' * * * * I will no longer speak much with you, for the ruler of the world is coming. He has no power over me, but the world must know that I love the Father and that I do just as the Father has commanded me."

Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid. * * * for the ruler of the world is coming * * * Who is "the ruler of the world"? The "ruler of the world" is Satan. The "ruler of the world" is Lucifer.

John Paul II: I would have liked to stay with you longer, but I find consolation in the words of Jesus. He tells us the Advocate, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my Name will teach you everything and remind you of all that I have said to you. The Father sends His Spirit of trust and love into the world and the Spirit guides us in the way of peace. Therefore, Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid, dear brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment